Mystical Rose Oratory Wedding Policies

Policy and Procedures for use of the

Oratory for Weddings

  1. One of the parties must be affiliated with Saint Louis School or Chaminade University MRO Wedding(i.e. must be an alumnus, faculty, student or staff.)
  2. The couple must contact and secure a priest willing to witness the marriage. (Only Catholic ceremonies are allowed.)
  3. The couple must begin a program of sacramental preparation certified by the Diocese of Honolulu. This entails:contacting a priest at least four months prior to the wedding; participating in an Engaged Encounter Weekend; receiving sacramental instructions through a program which meets diocesan requirements; forwarding documents indicating completion of Engaged Encounter Weekend and Sacramental Preparation Program to the presiding priest.
  4. The couple must submit a non-refundable deposit of $500 (this deposit does not include the stipend for the priest).
  5. The couple must secure through Chaminade’s or St. Louis’ Campus Ministry Programs a qualified person to be present for the rehearsal and the wedding to control the air conditioning, microphones, etc.
  6. The couple must fill out a Mystical Rose Reservation Request Form including dates and times for both the rehearsal and the wedding.
  7. A reservation will be made only after the above requirements are met. If the priest witnessing the wedding is a Marianist on-campus priest, he will take care of getting the necessary documents to the sacristan for filing and preparing a Wedding Certificate.

If it is an out of state priest and/or an out of state Sacramental Preparation Program, the priest must send all necessary documentation to the Diocese of Honolulu Chancery Office including proof that he is a priest in good standing in his diocese. Mystical Rose must received this documentation 3 months prior to the wedding. If the documentation is not received in that time frame, the deposit will be lost and the reservation cancelled.  More information for weddings where the priest and/or the couple are from out of state is available on the Diocese of Honolulu’s web page at: Getting Married In Hawaii.   In addition, out of state priests will need a license from the Hawaii Department of Health.